Hello friends Today in this post we have been told about interesting facts about India. India is a country in South Asia, known for its rich history, diverse culture, and vibrant traditions.
It is the seventh-largest country in the world by land area and the second-most populous country, with over 1.3 billion people.
India has a long and rich history dating back to the Indus Valley Civilization that existed around 2500 BCE. Over the centuries, India has been ruled by several dynasties and empires, including the Mauryas, Guptas, Mughals, and British.
India gained independence from British rule on August 15, 1947, and became a republic on January 26, 1950.
India is home to several religions, including Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The country is also known for its diverse languages, with Hindi and English being the official languages.
India has a rich tradition of music, dance, art, and literature, which have been passed down through generations.
New Latest interesting facts about India
Here are some new and latest interesting facts about India:
- Largest Vaccination Drive: India has launched the world’s largest COVID-19 vaccination drive, aiming to inoculate over 1 billion people by the end of 2021. As of March 2023, India has administered over 1.1 billion vaccine doses, covering around 62% of the eligible population.
- Record-breaking Solar Power: India has set a new record for the world’s largest solar power plant, with the completion of the Pavagada Solar Park in Karnataka. The park has a total capacity of 2,000 MW and covers an area of 13,000 acres.
- Space Exploration: India is rapidly emerging as a leader in space exploration, with the successful launch of several missions, including Chandrayaan-2, which was the first Indian mission to land on the moon’s south pole. India is also planning to launch its first manned space mission, Gaganyaan, in 2024.
- Women in Leadership Roles: India has been making progress in promoting women to leadership roles in different fields. In 2021, India appointed its first-ever female Chief Justice, and several Indian companies are appointing women CEOs and Board Members.
- World Heritage Sites: India is home to 38 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including iconic landmarks such as the Taj Mahal, the Ajanta and Ellora Caves, and the Qutub Minar. In 2019, the UNESCO recognized the ancient city of Jaipur as a World Heritage Site.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine that originated in India, is gaining popularity around the world. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of a healthy lifestyle and natural remedies for various ailments. The government of India has also launched initiatives to promote Ayurveda as a primary healthcare system.
- E-Commerce Growth: India has become one of the world’s fastest-growing e-commerce markets, with a rapidly expanding online retail sector. The COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated the growth of e-commerce in India, with more people turning to online shopping for their needs.
India’s economy is one of the fastest-growing in the world, with industries such as information technology, pharmaceuticals, and automotive leading the way.
Agriculture is also a significant part of the economy, with India being one of the world’s largest producers of rice, wheat, and milk.
Tourism is a major industry in India, with millions of visitors coming to explore the country’s natural beauty, historical sites, and cultural heritage. Popular tourist destinations include the Taj Mahal, the Himalayas, Goa, Kerala, and the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
Overall, India is a diverse and fascinating country with a rich history, vibrant culture, and a promising future.
|✅ Read Also: when are navratri starting in 2023 In INDIA|
Awesome 50 Most Interesting facts about India
You know that the country is changing, it is moving fast on the path of progress. At the same time, the wave of change has also raged. In such a situation, many people just like to abuse the system.
Just say that when it comes to the country, the thinking of most of the people is negative.
There are many who abuse the system of the country while sitting at home, shop or standing at the paan or tea stall on the roadside. To be honest, nothing is going to happen by abusing.
A positive mindset has to be developed, because only then you will be able to contribute to the progress of the country.
This positive thinking will come by turning the pages of our country’s history. Along with the black chapters, there are many such chapters which should become the pride of the country.
Which we can be proud of. In order to develop a positive mindset for the country, we are placing 40 facts about the country, about which you probably did not know. Or maybe after knowing this fact your senses will fly away.
Most interesting facts about India :-
The name ‘Hindustan‘: – The name ‘Hindustan’ is formed by combining Sindhu and Hindu, which is in reference to the land of Hindus. The official Sanskrit name of Hindustan is ‘Republic of India’. Which today people call only ‘Bharat’.
Origin of the name ‘India’:- The name ‘India’ is derived from the river Indus, which used to flow in the valleys of the Indus Valley.
How big is India: – India is at number seven in the list of countries with the largest size in the world.
Snake & Ladder Game:- Snake & Ladder game was prepared by the poet saint Gyan Dev in the thirteenth century. It was originally called Mokshapat. In this game the stairs represented the blessings while the snakes represented the demerits.
This game was played with shells and dice. Later on, many changes were made in this game, but its meaning remained the same i.e. good deeds take people to heaven while bad deeds put them in the cycle of birth again.
Jantar Mantar: Built in 1724 by Sawai Raja Jai Singh in Jaipur, Jantar Mantar is the largest stone-built observatory in the world.
Bhaskaracharya:- Bhaskaracharya had calculated the exact time taken by the earth to revolve around the sun several hundred years before the astronomy. According to his calculations, the Earth takes 365.2587568484 days to revolve around the Sun.
|✅ Read Also: Captain deeksha indian army biography in Hindi|
10 interesting facts about india
University:- India’s first university Takshila was opened in 700 BC, from which thousands of students studied spread the fragrance of the country to every corner of the world.
Largest postal system: – Only India has the world’s largest postal system.
Varanasi:- The holy city of the country, Varanasi is the oldest city in the world.
Oldest Civilization: – India’s civilization is the oldest in the world, even many of the world’s oldest places and buildings are in India. The ancient kingdoms of India predate Egypt and Mesopotamia.
Largest Film Industry: The world’s largest film industry is in India. More films are made in Bollywood, films are also produced in many other studios of the country.
Creation of Zero:- India gave the concept of ‘Zero’, the most important number in mathematics, to the world.
Largest Montessori School:- India has the largest Montessori school in the world. That is City Montessori School of Lucknow, in which the number of students is about 26000.
Largest export of Banana:- India is the largest exporter of Banana in the world. In second place is Brazil.
Milk production:- India is the largest producer of milk in the world.
some interesting facts about india
India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world.
17) Highest mountain ranges:-
It is located in the Himalayas of India. Apart from this, mountain ranges are spread over about 1500 miles, which are up to 23,600 feet high.
18) Most devotees:-
The Vishnu temple in Tirupati is the only temple in the world where the maximum number of devotees visit. Devotees also come here from the Vatican and Mecca.
19) Religious Collection:-
After every 12 years Kumbh Mela is organized in Allahabad. Kumbh Mela is the only fair in the world where maximum number of people come in the name of religion.
|✅ Read Also: important Festival And Holidays in calendar 2023|
interesting facts about india in English
20) Brihadeshwara Temple:-
Brihadeshwara Temple is the largest temple in the world with the biggest idol of Nandi, the ride of Lord Shiva. His height which remains in the space of 13 feet. This temple was built several thousand years ago.
21) Highest ground :-
The world’s highest cricket stadium is in Himachal Pradesh. This stadium is built 24 thousand meters above sea level.
22) India was the only source of diamonds :-
Till 1896, India was the only source of diamonds and in modern times India ranks third among the largest consumer countries of diamonds. The US and Japan are in first and second place respectively.
23) Largest Democracy :-
India has the largest democracy in the world. India has the largest number of voters and India is also at the forefront in terms of election expenses.
24) India at the forefront in buying gold:-
India is at the forefront of buying gold in the world. Gold is considered to be the most important part of Indian culture, whether as a gift or to be used in a wedding ceremony.
25) Different Ideologies:-
India is the only country where people of different religions live together. Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism were all born in India.
|✅ Read Also: स्वच्छ भारत पर भाषण : speech on clean india|
interesting facts about india for kids
There are more people of Hindu religion in India. Most of the festivals and holidays are celebrated in India.
27) Born in India itself :-
This unique game of snakes and ladders also originated in our India. Behind this game is hidden the education of good and bad.
28) Ludo :-
Pachisi was born in India in the 6th century. You will be surprised to know that the evidence of the picture of this game is still present in the caves of Ajanta. This game was very much liked by the Mughal emperors of India.
Indians have made significant contributions to trigonometry, calculus and algebra. The decimal system was invented in India itself in 100 BC.
30) Medical Progress:-
The surgery was performed by Sushruta about 2,600 years ago in India. He has developed Ayurveda and created a record of many complex surgeries and operations.
unknown interesting facts about india
31) Big Business :-
Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems and Rajeev Gupta is the GM of Hewlett-Packard. There are many such companies which are founded or run by Indians themselves.
32) 12% of scientists in America are Indian and 36% of scientists in NASA are Indian.
33) Ayurveda is the earliest medical branch known to mankind. Charaka, who is considered the father of this branch of science, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
34) 22 thousand tonnes of mint oil is produced in the world, out of which 19 thousand tonnes of oil is extracted in India alone.
35) The value of ‘Pi’ was first discovered in the world, in the 6th century, by the Indian mathematician Budhayana.
36) Out of more than 1,000 orchid species found in India, more than 600 are found in Arunachal Pradesh alone.
38) 38% of doctors in America are Indian.
39) The father of Kung Fu was an Indian Buddhist monk named Tatmoha or Bodhidharma who migrated from India to China around 500 AD.
|✅ Read Also: 15 अगस्त स्वतंत्रता दिवस – Indian Independence Day|
most interesting facts about india
40) India sells software to 90 countries.
41) Indian Railways is the largest organization in the world based on the number of employees, in which more than 16 lakh employees work.
42) Jaisalmer Fort is the only unique fort in the world in which about 25 percent of the city’s population has made its home.
43) India is the largest producer and consumer of tea in the world. Here 30% of the world’s tea is produced, out of which 25% is used.
44) Lotus flower has the distinction of being the national flower of Vietnam as well as India.
45) The number of monkeys in India is 5 crore.
46) Pentium chip was invented by ‘Vinod Dham’. (Today 90% of the world’s computers run on this)
47) 34% of Microsoft employees, 28% of IBM and 17% of Intel employees are Indians.
48) Chess was discovered in India.
49) More than 26,000 computer engineers work in more than 2,500 software companies in Bangalore, India.
50) Sabeer Bhatia created Hotmail. (Hotmail is the world’s No.1 email program)
|✅ Read Also: Top 10 Most Largest Animal In The World|
FAQs: interesting facts about India
here are some FAQs related to interesting facts about India:
What is India known for?
India is known for its rich history, diverse culture, vibrant traditions, delicious cuisine, ancient temples, majestic forts and palaces, picturesque landscapes, Bollywood movies, and a booming economy.
What is India’s population as of March 2023?
As of March 2023, India’s population is estimated to be over 1.38 billion people, making it the second-most populous country in the world after China.
What are some famous landmarks in India?
India is home to several famous landmarks, including the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, the Qutub Minar, the Gateway of India, the Ajanta and Ellora Caves, and the Victoria Memorial.
What is the national animal of India?
The national animal of India is the Bengal Tiger, which is an endangered species and is found in several parts of the country.
What is the national bird of India?
The national bird of India is the Indian Peafowl, which is also known as the peacock. The male peafowl is known for its colorful feathers, which it displays during courtship.
What is the national flower of India?
The national flower of India is the lotus, which is a symbol of purity, enlightenment, and self-regeneration.
What is the national emblem of India?
The national emblem of India is an adaptation of the Lion Capital of Ashoka, which is a sculpture depicting four Asiatic lions standing back to back. The emblem also features the motto of India, “Satyameva Jayate,” which means “Truth Alone Triumphs.”
conclusion of interesting facts about India
In conclusion of interesting facts about India, India is a fascinating country with a rich history, diverse culture, and promising future. The country is home to several religions, languages, and traditions, which have been passed down through generations.
India is making significant progress in several fields, including space exploration, renewable energy, and promoting women to leadership roles. The country has also been successful in preserving its cultural and historical heritage, with 38 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
With its growing economy, diverse population, and rapidly evolving industries, India is poised to play a critical role in the global community.
We told you about the 50 interesting facts about India. Which is very special which we can be proud of. Well, there is such a thing that makes our country special.