Friends, today we will talk about a food item (Beetroot
health) that we use as a salad, but many of us do not know its benefits and use it only as a salad, we are talking about beetroot.
Whereas, apart from being consumed as a salad with food, beetroot is also used as medicine and food color. Due to the deep color, the tongue also becomes red after consuming it.
It is known by different names, such as beetroot in English, la remolacha in Spanish, and Hong CAI toy in Chinese . Today we will talk about the health benefits of beetroot and its disadvantages, so friends let’s start.
- 1 Nutrition in Beetroot
- 2 Health benefits of Beetroot
- 2.1 1. Beneficial for strong teeth and bones
- 2.2 2. Beneficial in pregnancy Good in Pregnancy
- 2.3 3. Helpful in increasing the amount of hemoglobin Increase Hb levels
- 2.4 4. Useful in increasing immunity
- 2.5 5. Good for hair
- 2.6 6. Digestion Increase digestion
- 2.7 7. Benefits for heart health
- 2.8 8. Prevent cancer
- 2.9 9. Useful in cataract Helps in Cataract
- 2.10 10. Increases physical ability
- 2.11 11. Good in Iron deficiency
- 2.12 12. Boost in sexual power For low libido
- 2.13 How to use beetroot? How to use?
- 3 Beetroot health Side-effect
- 4 Note
Nutrition in Beetroot
Many types of vitamins and nutrients are found in beetroot, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, chlorine, iodine, iron and natural sugar, etc. Beetroot provides many unique benefits related to health.
Health benefits of Beetroot
Friends, beetroot benefits the body in many ways. It is necessary to consume it to give energy and strength to the body. It is a great source of naturally occurring iron, which helps in the development of red blood cells in the body.
Read Also :
According to Ayurveda experts, by regularly eating two pieces of beetroot in the form of salad, the body becomes capable of fighting many diseases. Beetroot is a plant member of the amaranth family. It is born in many forms. It is a kind of root.
It is usually red in color. White beet is also found in some places. Its leaves are used as herb. There are many benefits from its consumption, which we will know one by one, then let’s start-
1. Beneficial for strong teeth and bones
Friends, as we know that calcium only increases the strength of our bones, and beetroot is considered a good source of calcium. Consuming it regularly not only helps in the development of our bones, but also strengthens our teeth.
We all know that bones need to be strong to support the weight of the body, moreover, bones also protect the organs of the body, like the skull protects the brain and forms the shape of the face. Ribs form a cage.
2. Beneficial in pregnancy Good in Pregnancy
You can consume beetroot during pregnancy due to the presence of manganese, potassium, vitamin-C, phosphorus, copper and iron along with folate in beetroot. Because all these elements are very essential for the health of a pregnant woman.
Beetroot is also rich in frolic acid, which helps prevent neural tube defects in the baby. Pregnant women must consume it, because during pregnancy, there is often a problem of anemia, which is called anemia.
3. Helpful in increasing the amount of hemoglobin Increase Hb levels
Popular for its deep red color, beetroot is considered beneficial for health. If you are anemic, and you are thinking of using an external product to increase blood, then you should try beetroot first.
Regular consumption of beetroot increases the amount of hemoglobin in the body. It is the root part of the plant. It is often consumed in the form of salads and juices.
4. Useful in increasing immunity
Many times people fall sick again and again, and even after getting a lot of treatment, they do not get any special results. The simple reason for this is the decrease in their immunity.
But if we use beetroot regularly, then beetroot proves to be a panacea. Many serious diseases can be avoided by increasing the immunity with its regular intake.
5. Good for hair
If you have any kind of hair problem, then this problem can be overcome by using beetroot. Many people face problems like hair fall or graying at an early age.
As a result, they start to look older, whereas regular consumption of beetroot can reverse this. Apart from this, beetroot juice can be used as a hair dye. It does not have any side effect’s either.
6. Digestion Increase digestion
Beetroot is also used to strengthen the digestive system. Due to the presence of an amino acid called glutamine in beetroot, it helps in digestion of food as well as keeps the immune system in good shape.
Because to keep the body healthy, it is very important to have a strong digestive system. When nutrients reach the liver through the bloodstream. Where the liver moves all the nutrients and vitamins and through which energy flows in the body.
7. Benefits for heart health
Beetroot is also not the answer to keep the heart healthy, because the most important part of the body is the heart, which needs to be healthy at all times. Because if any kind of problem comes in it, then it can be the cause of death. Daily consumption of beetroot works to keep the heart healthy.
The nitrate element present in it normalizes the blood pressure and prevents heart diseases and heart attacks. According to a study, consumption of beetroot protects against myocardial infarction. To avoid heart diseases, you can consume beetroot daily.
8. Prevent cancer
Consumption of beetroot is also very beneficial for getting benefit from any type of cancer . Beetroot is a beneficial food item, which can protect you from deadly diseases like cancer. According to the study, beetroot prevents lungs and skin cancer from developing in the body. According to the study, drinking carrot and beetroot juice together can eliminate the risk of blood cancer in the body.
9. Useful in cataract Helps in Cataract
If you are also struggling with cataract disease, then you should also consume beetroot in sufficient quantity. Actually cataract is a disease related to the eye, in this disease the ability to see is reduced. To avoid this disease, beetroot containing vitamin-C should B consumed daily inn the form of juices or salad. Vitamin-C works to keep the eyes healthy
10. Increases physical ability
The use of beetroot also proves beneficial for those who exercise regularly to increase their physical capacity. Consuming it regularly brings energy to the body. It does not let the body get tired quickly, and you can do maximum exercise .
11. Good in Iron deficiency
It is often seen that due to deficiency of iron in women, many problems surround them, to get rid of this problem, the use of beetroot also proves beneficial. It is rich in antioxidants and also gives relief from stress.
12. Boost in sexual power For low libido
If you have any kind of problem related to sexual diseases, then consumption of beetroot can prove to be very beneficial for you, to prevent this, we should consume it daily, because if seen today, most of the people see this problem. Due to which people become victims of self-aggrandizement.
Out of which some people do not tell this problem to anyone and those who do tell, they get trapped in the trap of some quack doctor, and make their condition worse. Boron is present in good amount in beetroot. This minerals is directly related to the productions of sex hormones. That’s why its consumption is essential.
How to use beetroot? How to use?
Mostly it is consumed in the form of raw salad, it is eaten in the form of salad by including it with radish, carrot, onion, tomato etc., somewhere it is also boiled and eaten. It is also eaten boiled in South India.
But some of its elements are destroyed on boiling. That’s why raw food proves to be more beneficial. Drinking beetroot juice is also beneficial. Elderly or children should be given only beetroot juice. Its beetroot vegetable can also be eaten after making it. Just like potato or carrot vegetable is made, in the same way beetroot vegetable can be prepared and eaten.
You can eat it raw. Cut it and eat it after sprinkling light salt and lemon on it. It can also be eaten roasted with paneer, roasting it until it becomes soft and juicy. Eat fried beetroot mixed with paneer.
Beetroot health Side-effect
Friends, the way there is benefit from consuming beetroot, in the same way, its excessive consumption also causes harm many times. There are some disadvantages of consuming it, which are as follows-
- Excessive consumption of beetroot can cause diarrhea.
- Its excessive consumption can cause a disease called Hematuria , due to which the urine of the person suffering from it becomes pink in color. However, such a condition does not have a bad effect on health.
- Due to the consumption of beetroot, people may have allergies such as itching, fever, chills, etc. may have to face the disease.
- Consuming it can also cause sore throat.
- People who have diabetes, if they consume it, sometimes the consequences are fatal, because 100 grams of beetroot juice contains about 7 grams of sugar. If you consume beetroot juice daily, then it can increase the sugar in your body.
- Consuming beetroot juice can lower your blood pressure levels. If you already have the problem of low blood pressure, then its consumption can be dangerous. That’s why it should not be used more than three times a week.
- Excessive consumption of beetroot can cause stone problems. Because the oxalate found in it forms stones. So avoid consuming it.
- People who are troubled by kidney problems should also avoid eating beetroot. Actually betaine is found in beet which increases the level of cholesterol in the body.
- Beetroot juice contains nitrates, which can cause stomach pain.
If you are suffering from any serious problem, be sure to consult a doctor before consuming beetroot.
Friends, these were the advantages and disadvantages of consuming beetroot. Knowing whom you can consume it and take benefits while avoiding losses. Knowing its benefits, you should also consume it and do tell us about the benefits you get from using it.